Email marketing and customer relationship management (CRM) systems are two critical components of a successful real estate business.
In today’s digital age, realtors should adopt modern strategies that help them reach out to their target audience and keep them engaged.
This article will outline best practices for email marketing and CRM systems that realtors should implement in 2023 to thrive in a competitive and uncertain market.
The importance of email marketing and building an email list
Email marketing is a cost-effective marketing method that helps realtors reach their target audience, stay top of mind and promote their services. With the right strategy and tactics, email marketing can help realtors achieve both their marketing and sales goals.
Every realtor should have a growing email list/database. This list should consist of prospective and existing clients, referral sources, contacts, colleagues, and friends.
A growing email list increases the chances for more sales opportunities. Realtors can build their email lists by gathering contact information from people who visit their website, people they meet in person, and those who attend events or sign up for newsletters.
Realtors can use various strategies to obtain prospective clients’ email addresses and build their database. Some effective techniques include but are not limited to the following:
1. Providing a valuable resource (lead magnets): Offering a free guide, eBook, or newsletter in exchange for an email address can encourage potential clients to share their contact information.
2. Hosting events: Hosting an open house or a real estate seminar can provide an opportunity to collect email addresses from attendees who are interested in buying or selling a property.
3. Creating social media ads directing to a landing page: Running targeted social media ads can attract potential clients and direct them to a landing page where they can provide their email addresses.
4. Utilizing website forms: Placing a form on the business website where potential clients can fill out their contact information can be a quick and efficient way to collect email addresses.
5. Asking for referrals: Realtors can ask for referrals from current clients and offer incentives such as a gift card or a discount on services in exchange for referring someone who may be interested in buying or selling a property.
Crafting compelling subject lines and engaging emails
Subject lines are the first thing the audience will see when they receive an email. A compelling subject line can make the difference between someone who opens the email and someone who deletes it.
When crafting subject lines, focus on making them clear, concise and attention-grabbing.
- Exclusive offer just for you: (property address)
- Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
- Last chance to own (property address)
- Did you know that (insert fact or stat)?
Designing engaging emails is an essential component of a successful email marketing campaign. Emails should be visually appealing but also easy to read, with clear and concise content.
Be sure to include images, videos and other multimedia elements that help illustrate the message and make emails more engaging.
Emails should provide value-added content which will build trust, loyalty and credibility among the target audience.
Organizing your email list
Segmenting an email list into smaller groups based on specific characteristics, such as location, interests or past purchase history, can help increase the relevance of emails and improve engagement rates.
This way, messages can be tailored to each group’s specific needs and interests. For example, if there is a list of prospective buyers and a list of prospective sellers, they should, in theory, receive emails that are relevant to what they are looking for and where they are in their journey.
Each contact should be tagged accordingly, which can help with overall marketing messaging and content strategy.
The benefits of CRM systems
A CRM system helps realtors manage their interactions with clients, contacts and prospects, providing valuable insights into their business.
With a CRM system, realtors can better understand their clients’ needs and preferences, allowing them to provide a more personalized experience.
A CRM system performs the following functions for realtors:
1. Organizing contact information: A CRM can store and organize all contact information, including names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other relevant details, in one centralized location.
2. Tracking interactions: Realtors can use a CRM to track all interactions with clients and prospects, including emails, phone calls, appointments, and more. This helps them stay on top of their communication and avoid missing important opportunities. Follow-ups and reminders can be set in the CRM to ensure no opportunity falls through the cracks.
3. Identifying sales opportunities: A CRM can help realtors identify sales opportunities by analyzing interactions with clients and prospects. By tracking client behaviour and preferences, realtors can identify the most promising leads and prioritize their efforts accordingly.
4. Personalizing experiences: By using the information stored in their CRM, realtors can provide personalized experiences to their clients. For example, they can send targeted emails or create custom property lists based on a client’s preferences.
5. Improving productivity: A CRM can help realtors streamline processes, automate repetitive tasks, and save time on administrative tasks. This allows them to focus on their core responsibilities and grow their business.
Overall, a CRM system is a powerful tool that can help realtors manage their relationships with clients and prospects, improve their productivity, and grow their business.
Realtors who adopt best practices for email marketing and implement a CRM system will be better equipped to reach their target audience and create a pipeline of opportunities.
Implementing these best practices will help realtors stay ahead of the competition and thrive in the real estate industry in 2023.
Marly Broudie is the founder and CEO of SocialEyes Communications, a digital marketing firm based in Toronto. She works with several top-producing agents helping them with their digital marketing – everything from their brand, to social presence, data base building and lead gen.