Five non-profit organizations in communities across Canada have received support to fight homelessness and mental health challenges, thanks to a charity event and video campaign organized by an Ontario-based company.
Skyline Group of Companies, a real estate and clean energy asset acquisitions, management, development, and investment firm, raised $200,000 for five specially selected charities through its 18th Annual Charity Golf Classic, held in Sept. 2022 in Milton, Ont., with more than 300 attendees.
The selected charities are located from coast to coast in communities across Canada. They include:
- Vancouver Island Mental Health Society (Nanaimo, B.C.)
- Main Street Project Inc. (Winnipeg)
- Welcome Centre Shelter for Women & Families (Windsor, Ont.)
- Avenue des Jeunes (Gatineau. Que.)
- Shelter Nova Scotia (Halifax)
Skyline also gifted each charity a professionally produced video profiling their organization and the work they do in their community to help the organizations raise even more awareness and funds.